Written by Shelley Swenson, UF/IFAS Wakulla County Extension Agent II Wednesday, 06 June 2012 07:31
Please consider doing one small thing TODAY that would better prepare you for the threat of a hurricane coming our way.
Here are the three things you must do in order to plan for financial recovery after a disaster:
1. Gather important papers and documents
2. Prepare a home inventory
3. Ensure that your insurance is adequate to cover your needs in the event of a disaster
Today we are going to start preparing a special packet in case of disaster. You can store many of these documents electronically on a CD, disk, or USB flash drive. You can scan some of these original documents into your computer or have them scanned in so that you can have an electronic archive. Keep this packet together in one accessible but secure place so you can “grab them and go”.
Today you are going to…….
Purchase a plastic tub with a good sealing lid and label it Disaster Info!!!
You are going to add the following to your Disaster Info tub:
1. Checking and banking account numbers and bank names
2. List of savings and investments. Include CDs, stocks, bonds and mutual funds
3. Credit card list and phone numbers to the companies who provide them
This is your assignment for today. Assemble all of the above and put them in your Disaster Tub!!!! Turn in for more tomorrow!!!!
Family and Consumer Sciences/
Expanded Food and Nutrition Program
UF/IFAS Wakulla County Extension Crawfordville, Florida
Visit us at http://wakulla.ifas.ufl.edu/
|< Prev||Next >|
You need to login or register to post comments.
Discuss this item on the forums. (0 posts)